Monday, February 13, 2006

Blizzard of '06

Well we had a big blizzard over the weekend. I think we had over 2 feet of snow. Jay and I (well mostly Jay) dug out my parents on Sunday and then we drove over to our own house. Oy vey - so much work, but once again Jay did most of it. I salted : ) The snow at our place was up to my knees. It was depressing walking up to it from the side street. The sidewalk, driveway, and paths were completely untouched. We had to tredge through it to get into our house and grab our shovel. I would've had better pictures but these were taken with my cellphone since my camera's batteries died. The bright white snow makes our house really look gray. When we were first looking at it, I thought it was white but it really is a very light gray. BY THE WAY!! Note the new front door and new windows! All the windows you see are new except the ones all the way to the left and the attic window. We actually are replacing all the windows on the house except one really cool one and the enlosed porch windows. We are also adding one that never existed before!

No comments: