Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lost Dog

On Sunday night, Jay and I were driving down our street, almost home when we saw this small dog running past us in the middle of the road. It was pretty late so luckily not a lot of cars around. I immediately reached for the door as we were slowing towards a light and told Jay I wanted to get out and help it. He said I'd never catch up to it - it was going to fast, and he also pointed out that it seemed like there was a car already following it. I looked back and saw it was and it turned down a side-street with the dog. So home we went.

Yesterday morning, there are flyers all up and down the street with a picture of the dog we saw. It reads, "LOST DOG- Kids devastated." My heart sank when I read that and right now, I just want to cry. We could've helped.

My mom's dachshund ran away twice and thanks to the kindness of strangers he was found both times quickly. Here was my chance to return the favor. I prayed for the dog's safe return last night. So sad :-(

Tags: ,

No comments: