Tuesday, November 30, 2004

She's Making a List...

Jay's mom has been bugging me for a christmas list. I dread this every year. I never know what to ask for. Anyone else have this problem? And it's not just the coming up with ideas, its the whole concept in and of itself. I'd prefer to be surprised. Gifts mean more to me when the giver came up with it on their own. I know Jay's mom is well-intentioned, she only wants to get me what I really want.

I always ask for CDs since I rarely buy them for myself throughout the year. There are a couple of DVDs I want - Alice in Wonderland and Bedknobs & Broomsticks. I'm afraid Jay's mom will make fun of me for these choices as she mocked Jay for putting Pete's Dragon on his list. To me, these are classic movies that we grew up with. Not only would I like to see them again, I'd like to share these childhood memories with my children someday.

Jay and I have also picked out a lot of Hallmark ornaments that we want. If we even get half of them, we'll have the greatest looking tree for years to come. Clothes are a given request. I always get lots of nice sweaters.

Oh, by the way, my birthday is this week - December 2 (the same as Britney Spears - woo hoo). I will be, dare I say it, 26 years old. Boy oh boy...I'm getting older every year...ha ha. I hope I have some fun birthday stories to share.

No comments: