Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Cliche'

Well y'all it's that time of year again when people set a goal that 9 times out of ten doesn't become fulfilled. Ah, the undying tradition of the New Year's resolution.

This year I will be one of those people. I need to be! This year my best friend Kristine is getting married and I'm her maid of honor. Our dresses come in around March 15th (the ides of March). My goal is to prove that bridal shop chica wrong and to knock everyone's garters off.

I'm going to lay the cards out on the table here. Gulp. Cover your children's eyes, I'm warnin' ya, this isn't pretty, but its the painful truth.

\

\

\

\

I weigh almost 160 friggin' lbs!! I know, I can't believe it either! I think I look the same as I did when I was 149 lbs not too long ago. I'm blaming it on the holidays and not being able to go to the gym all month. I know, it's terrible, but at least I hide it well, sort of. Damn, I can't believe I just announced my ridiculous weight for all the world to see. I guess the first step is admitting I have a problem.

Anyway, when I got measured for my Maid of Honor dress I weighed closer to 150 and wore a size 8/10 (still do actually). The bridal shop owner however, decided to order me a size 16 dress! What an awful day that was. Well, my goal now is to amaze her by how large the dress is on me when I go there for the initial fitting. I hope they have to trim half of it off!!

So now it's all about eating healthier and going to the gym more regularly. I will keep you updated about my progress. Hopefully, I'll some progress pics for you too. I'm thinkin' of having Jay take one of those embarassing "before" pics where I'm wearing a bikini and looking wretched.Wish me the best y'all. And oh yeah, Happy New Year to you and yours! And good luck with your resolutions whatever they may be!

 

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

 

No comments: