Friday, January 21, 2005

Things

I thought I owed y'all an update.

I'm down 6 lbs. so far!! Woo Hoo! Not bad right? I started on January 1. So it's like 2 lbs. a week which is a healthy way to do it : )

Work still sucks. I'm still bummed about the whole thing. Luckily I am well-liked and just got a kick-butt yearly review and a new job title. I was Communications Assistant, now I'm On-line Communications Coordinator. Nice huh?

You might find it funny though that I'm job-hunting. The title is nice but the pay and BS stay the same. In fact, this will be the second day in a row that my two co-horts are out and I have to hold down the fort all by myself!! My boss is going to be so ticked! He was yesterday and let me leave an hour early!

Yesterday I got a call from Conde' Nast, one of the largest magazine publishing companies around! I mailed them a resume like a week ago and I already got a call! The woman I spoke with is extremely nice and in fact, I have an interview next week! It is a receptionist position in the Human Resources dept. She said the benefits are excellent and that this is a great stepping stone and foot in the door. This would be a great company to work for. And there big beautiful office is right on 42nd Street! I pass it every day!

I'd feel bad leaving my boss and department in the lurch since I'm the best worker they got but I gotta do what's best for me.

You can check out their site at www.condenast.com and see all the big magazines they put out such as Vanity Fair, Allure, Glamour, GQ etc.........

 

No comments: