Tuesday, February 8, 2005

In the Stiller of the Night

Woo Hoo!

Last night I worked at an HBO premiere of the HBO Film: LACKAWANNA BLUES ( http://www.hbo.com/films/lackawannablues/ )                I had such a great time!

My job was to help people to their seats and at the restaurant I guarded the reserved tables.

I got to see lots of famous people and eat lots of delicious food! I'll just rattle off the names: HALLE BERRY, ROSIE PEREZ, LIEV SCHREIBER, BEN STILLER, OLYMPIA DUKAKIS, MOS DEF, PHYLICIA RASHAD and several other familiar faces.

Halle Berry is absolutely breathtaking in person. Stunning. She had long straight hair and just looked radiant. I saw her throughout the night and one time I had to turn sideways so she could get by me, we were that close.

The most star-struck moment was first seeing Ben Stiller. I was at the door of the theater and he walked down the hall to me. I had the biggest smile on my face while looking at him. He looked at me and said "Hi" just as he entered the theater to get to his seat. Those sparkling blue eyes were mesmerizing, just like when I saw Alec Baldwin at the last event I worked at. One surprising thing was that his hair was gray. It looked nice though with his baby blues.

At the restaurant, we ate before the guests arrived. We had this yummy spinach and cheese thing, potatoes, vegetables, fish, rolls, and breadsticks. There was an open bar but I just had diet Coke. For dessert, there were out-of-this-world crepes that were warm and lemony, mini blackberry tarts, mini lemon meringues, and an AWESOME cake that I cannot describe but it was probably the best I've ever tasted!

As guests started to arrive, it got crowded fast. The room was like a huge ballroom and I stood by the reserved tables. A colleague informed me that Ben Stiller was to sit where I was standing and he told me that he was on his way over! Yikes! He came over and was standing directly in front of me, like I could give him a neck massage! His back was to me because he was talking to an HBO big shot. I told a co-worker of mine that I was told to seat him and she told me to let Ben know! I waslike do I say Ben orMr.Stiller? He stood and talked for a solid five minutes and then saidHBO big shot asked him to sit at his table, just one over. I checked with another colleague and they said it was fine.I guess as long as Ben was happy, right?

What an exciting night! Afterwards I got driven to Cindy's apartment on the Upper West Side in a towncar. I'm cat-sitting again. All this and I get paid overtime!

Life is sweet and so was the friggin' cake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got to see Mrs. Cosby?  That's kickass!  Unbelievably cool that you rubbed elbows with those people.  Damn, girl, make me more jealous...

Anonymous said...

Ok, add me to the jealous list. Do you know how lucky you are? Stupid question huh? LOL You go girl!
I'm adding you to my favs so i can keep up with you. :o)

Lahoma