Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Neighbors Break Good Fences

We live in a great town and neighborhood. We never thought we'd get our own little place there, but somehow we did.

The only problem I have is our back neighbors. Their entire large backyard is gravel and they park like 5 cars back there, one of which is always right next to the back of our fence. Why? I have no idea. And they like to work on it while it's parked there and they always have their music blasting. These folks are classy. They have an indoor style leather couch out back and on the front porch and they stay outside all year long and as well as a full size refrigerator. They have a dirt bike that they ride around on in circles back there because it's probably illegal, but most of the time they just rev the engine for an hour at a time. This is incredibly loud and when my windows are open, my house smells like gasoline. I've almost called the police on them for that and you can bet your butt that I will when the baby comes.

My biggest gripe of late is their encroachment on our property. The car being so close to the fence and the fact that when they grill, they have the grill next to our fence. Why?? They recently put up a clothesline that they actually use back there as well. One of the ends of it is tied on our tree. I've noticed for a while that our fencing is leaning in towards our yard and it's been a cause of concern. I just discovered why. They have tires and 3-4 bikes leaning up against it! Now I'm pissed.

They have zero concern for their own property let alone ours. Their fence on the other side has missing pieces so obviously wrecking ours doesn't seem to bother them.

What rights do I have? Especially now that they could be ruining our fence? They don't speak english so I can't even talk to them. The fence isn't super high and we step down to the yard from the house so I always see what crap they are pulling. There's no avoiding it.

 


Tags:

No comments: