Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Quick Update on Queer Eye

Here's what happened with the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy job interview I was to have:

I called to confirm because of the weather (snow) and the lady told me that she needed someone right away and she knew I needed to give 2 weeks notice and she can't wait that long. She told me she'd hold on to my resume for the future and told me to call her if things change and I can start sooner. What the F?

I hemmed and hawed (hope u know this expression!) and finally gave her a call back. I wanted the opportunity to meet with her to discuss what the actual job was that I'd be missing out on. I wanted to see if it'd be worth leaving here in just a week. So when I called her back she was all rushy and rude and said she was in a meeting and couldnt talk. I barely could get my concerns out there. She asked if I could come in that night and I said I couldn't because of the weather. She then said to come in the next morning, but I said I couldn't do that either -- hello, she knows I have a job. She then said to call her back, she had to go.

Ugh... I gave up on her. She sounded too looney for me.

I have since gotten a really nice raise, so I'm pleased for the time-being : )

No comments: