Monday, October 3, 2005

Movin' On Up

Well here I am at my new desk about to start week 2 of my new job here at HBO. I have my own little office all to myself. I have done some decorating but still have a box of junk to sort through and deal with. I really want to bring in my framed "big" movie poster. It'll be a pain to lug in but so worth it!

My boss's boss is responsible for making this happen for me. He really wanted to get me out of my previous dead-end department on this floor. And he did it! He presented the off to me about 2 weeks ago out of the blue and I accepted. I am still on the same floor, but on the "cooler" end, lol. I'll be interacting with a lot of big name people, in fact I already have! There is sooo much responsibility that goes along with this position, so I have to admit, I am scared right now. I don't look forward to coming in every day right now because it is all sooo new and I'm always afraid to try something for the first time. I am working for someone very important in the company so I feel like there is no margin for error.  At least I'll be earning more money for all this anxiety I'm feeling. I cannot wait until things become second nature.

 

In house news, we are currently waiting for permits to be ready. We cannot go any further with progress until we have those. I seriously cannot wait to see walls put up and fixtures installed. Ahhh.. how lovely that will be! We just found out we are getting a beautiful front door for free!! Jay's uncle is getting it from a job he's working on. The homeowner just bought some $4000 door and was getting rid of this one. It is wood and has 2 lights (windows) in it that are sort of stained glass looking - or so I hear. I haven't seen it yet : )

 

I've been having bad allergies and asthma and such but since my trip to the company health center, I'm feeling much much better!!

Well off to another exciting work day...

No comments: