Monday, December 12, 2005

Chip

So, Chip has a home.

And not just any home - Jay's family has graciously taken him in. Alex brought him over there on Saturday and he's been there ever since. Such a sweet, gentle soul he is. We all feel bad for him because he seems so sad and depressed. He misses his mommy and must be so traumatized from moving from place to place. Jay's house will be his last stop and he will be loved and doted on. Chip doesn't realize it yet, but he's got it good.

Whenever I am there I spend a lot of time with him - hugging him, petting him, and talking to him. June (Jay's mom) makes sure that he is comfortable and taken care of. One concern we have is that he has bad arthritis in his hind legs. Alex needs to get us his pain medication because he seems to be in a a lot of pain. I want to make that happen by tomorrow. Seeing him suffer is hard to bear.

I'm so glad this poor guy has a home. I'm even more content knowing that I get to see him almost every day. It must make Alex feel good that I can reassure her of his well-being firsthand.

I myself cannot imagine how painful it must be for her to have to give up her friend like that. The important thing is that his life was spared and Chip will live out the rest of his years in a loving, nurturing home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he found a good home.

Lahoma