Thursday, December 22, 2005

Year In Review - 2005

What a year this has been. On the bus ride home last night, I thought of all the wonderful things that happened in 2005. At this rate, 2006 and 2007 should prove magical as well.

I will note high points and low points of each month as I remember them.

JANUARY

My best friend Kristine and I went down to Nashville to visit my friend Diana

My dear friend and closest co-worker Matt was let go while I was away. I was devastated. Lunch is still not the same without him around.

 I attempted to lose weight for Kristine's wedding. I do pretty well cutting carbs  and watching what I eat.

FEBRUARY

I attended my first casting call. An experience. I didn't get a part, but I'm glad I went anyway.

I went to the gym 2-3 times a week and maintained my lower weight for a while.

I had Jay, Dave and his girlfriend Christine over to the apartment I cat-sit at for a fun weekend in the city.

I got up close and personal with the likes of Ben Stiller, Rosie Perez, and Halle Berry at a work (HBO) screening.

MARCH

I applied for new jobs constantly since I was miserable at work. I could've taken a job with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy but decided it might not be a wise decision.

My evil evil co-worker quit when I got to takes Matt's place in the office. I think she was jealous. Yeah, that was a good day.

APRIL

My grandpa wasn't doing so well and could no longer live alone. We decided that he should live at Sunrise Assisted Living. It is like a resort - such a beautiful place. He is happy and well-taken care of and that is all that matters.

I threw a fabulous fortune cookie themed bridal shower for my best friend Kristine! Everyone had a wonderful time and she got lots and lots of gifts! It was held at Steak & Ale where my brother is a manager.

I started getting hooked on Scott Peterson trial books.

MAY

We had Kristine's bachelorette part in CT because Brian Kirk was playing there. Although it was rainy, we had a blast!

Jay and I started house-hunting seriously.

JUNE (a happy month!)

Kristine and John got MARRIED!! A beautiful day, a beautiful celebration, and the most beautiful bride EVER! : )

My second cousin Jimmy celebrated his 25th year as a priest and we were there to celebrate with him : )

Jay had a birthday and his co-workers gave him a cake that read, "May the Force be with You" : )

Jay and I vacationed in Cape May, NJ  - exit 0 on the Garden State Parkway! : )

We put an offer on a house and it was accepted! : )

JULY

Jay's sister-in-law is pregnant after trying for a long time! Congrats!

A month full of home-buying stress.

Kristine and John moved into their house at the end of the month. A very nice, big beautiful home in Stamford, CT. I wish it wasn't so far away...

AUGUST

I was thisclose to working at a store called Tuesday Morning to earn some extra cash. I decided it wasn't a good idea right then because I knew I'd want weekend time to work on our house.

Six Feet Under had its series finale. So moving, so haunting, SO GOOD. It will be missed.

We closed on our first house on August 24, 2005! : )

By the end of the month, we were already tearing the place apart!

SEPTEMBER

Major hurricanes wiped out communities in New Orleans and other parts of the south. My heart went out to those people and to the helpless animals. I ordered bulk pet supplies online and sent them to the North Shore Animal League to help them out.

We knocked down walls at our house - a messy, dusty job. I think it kick-started my asthma.

I got a new shorter 'do!

I was offered a new job here and I accepted! I'm an assistant to and executive V.P! I have my own little office with a TV and make more $!

OCTOBER

More and more progress on the house.

WE GOT ENGAGED!!!! -on our 9th anniversary together (10-12-05.) We went out for a lovely dinner at a really nice italian restaurant. It was really sweet when we toasted - he made mention that we toast to our new life in our new home. Afterwards, Jay went into his room to get me a present and asked me to close my eyes. When I opened them, there he was holding open a ring box with my grandmother's ring inside. He said, "Lesley, will you marry me?" My jaw dropped, I was in shock and I just hugged him tight. He kept asking me what my answer was, lol. We then went upstairs and told the whole world.

At the end of this month, I had a scare with my dad. I thought he was dying; I had to call 911. I still have flashbacks and nightmares of this day

NOVEMBER

My brother turned 31.

My family got a sweet baby girl puppy named Sadie. She is half beagle, half dachshund. Absolutely adorable.

Told Brian Kirk that we want him and The Jirks to play at our wedding!

DECEMBER

I turned 27 and was sick as a dog for my birthday. We had to postpone the celebration to a week later.

My co-worker Alex had no home for her dalmatian Chip. Jay's family took him in. He is such a gentle soul. I'm so thankful he didn't have to be put down prematurely. God bless June for taking in yet another dog in their already full house.

Looking forward to exchanging gifts, my parents going to Jay's for Christmas Eve, and asking Jay's sister and sister-in-law to be my bridesmaids. Diana and Kristine already know they are a part of the wedding.

No comments: