Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Big News Tuesday

Well, I have some exciting news to share! First of all, as you see in the picture to the left, I have red hair now!

This past Saturday I went to get a make-over - my mom's treat (an early b-day gift). I let the lady do whatever she wanted, so here I am! No more blonde! I'm still getting used to it, after all, I've been blonde my whole life!

My other news is even BIGGER! My best friend in the whole wide world, Kristine (AKA Camps), got ENGAGED yesterday!!! I'm so happy for her and the lucky guy - John. They've been together for years. Best of all, I get to be her maid of honor!! Mega-responsibility in the next year or two to come!!

It was really sweet how it happened. John conspired with Kristine's dad. He asked her dad to pick a nice restaurant - Golden Dynasty , schnazzy chinese place. Her parents told her a few days ago that they wanted to take her and John out for his birthday since they missed it while they were on vaca. She told John and he acted like it was an inconvenience but went along with it. After they ate (Camps, John, her parents, and her sisters), they all got ice cream for dessert. The waitress brought out hers with a fortune cookie on top. "You got a very special fortune, open it!" Kristine opened it and inside was the ring - awwwwwwwwwww : )

Its a princess cut, solitaire, platinum ring. John kept it simple so that he could take her to the jewelry store to pick out her setting. John's so smart he even sweetened the deal with Kristine's favorite recreational activity - shopping!

Good luck & Congratulations to you both, love you lots!!!!!!

No comments: