Friday, September 10, 2004

Workin' for a Living

Well the other night I had the opportunity to earn some overtime so I went for it! The HBO documentaries people needed an extra hand at a screening for a new documentary - INDIAN POINT: Imagining the Unimaginable http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/indianpoint/index.html It took place a the new Time Warner Center near Columbus Circle - beautiful place!

My job was primarily to direct guests to theater and to the reception. I got to some a few "famous" people so it made my night! First, I saw quite a few Kennedys including Rory (the director) and her brother Robert Kennedy Jr. Their father,if you couldn't guess it already, was Robert F. Kennedy. She was the cousin that was getting married when JFK Jr. crashed his plane (he was on the way to the wedding.) Also on hand was Karen Duffy (former MTV VJ, Actress/Model.) You'd know her if you saw her. Another cool thing about "Duff" is that she grew up in Park Ridge, NJ like me! I wanted to introduce myself but she was always with another much cooler celeb that I'll mention soon (or you could just look at the sexy pic I've posted with this entry ; )

Two celebs actually spoke to me! Art Garfunkel attended the screening and when he came out of the theater, he came right over to me and said, "Where do I go?" I said, "The reception is this way." And he said, "But how do I get out of here?" And I said, "Oh, the elevators are right over here." Woo hoo!

Then the man with the most beautiful eyes spoke to me! Alec Baldwin! He came of the theater and said, "This way to dinner?" And I said "Yes, this way." Woo hoo! Earlier though, I almost walked right into him - literally! I was rushing to get into an elevator to run downstairs for something and he was coming out! I had to quickly step back to avoid a collision! I laughed all the way downstairs! Of all people!

Dinner was quite yummy too! We had a buffet of chicken, fish, pasta salad, regular salad, bread + servers brought trays of lots of other goodies around too. Dessert was my favorite part - mini cheesecakes and chocolate tarts, mm mm good!

After it was all over, I got a ride all the wayto Jersey in a towncar paid for by HBO!

All that and a white wine spritzer, and I get 4.5 hours of overtime! All in a day's work : )

No comments: