Friday, September 17, 2004

Coming to a Living Room Near You!

Well, I had cameras filming me (and Jay!) twice this week so far!

On Sunday, Jay and I went to a commercial shoot for a new restaurant opening in North Bergen, NJ - Nazmi's Steak & Seafood. I had received a casting notice in my email and responded to it. I got the gig and was told to bring a friend. It was quite disorganized and not many people were there to be filmed. I guess they had the cameras focused tight on us so you couldn't tell how few diners there were.

Jay had his first acting experience! We were filmed walking into the restaurant, enjoying eachother's company at our table, and eating various courses. It wasn't so bad though, while we didn't get actual money, we got a lot of good food : ) We had bread, calamari, steak, veggies, and Baklava (which Jay liked surprisingly!)

Then last night when went and saw my friend/co-worker Allison Castillo perform for Comedy Central's Premium Blend. Two shows were filmed and for the second, we were right up front. Allison rocked the house and the crowd was amazing! I'll let ya know when those shows will air. You might even see me! A few times the cameraman was right next to my face! Yikes!

As a side note: Allison Castillo performs at The Village Lantern on Bleecker in the village in NYC doing her show - "Sweet Paprika" with other talented comedians every Friday night. Diana (AKA Jersey Girl in Nashville) and I spent many nights there sipping Appletinis and my fav - Vanilla Vodka and Coke. Those were the days weren't they Di? Ah those British lads...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, those WERE the days...  Six brits and flicking it!

Anonymous said...

I live in Bergen county, NJ ~ I'll have to try out that new restaurant :)

Cool journal,

Danielle