Wednesday, September 1, 2004

Oh Hugh

Yes, I am aware that this is a very sad picture of my boy Hugh Jackman (ha - if you could tell it was Hugh!) But nothing could be sadder that the autograph he signed for me last night.

As you know, I went to The Boy From Oz on Saturday with my mom. It was a fantastic show and our seats were equally amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though I had seen it once before.

I was so psyched to get his autograph after the show. I had the best picture from eBay of him as Wolverine and a silver sharpie - a thing of beauty! As soon as the house lights went up we exited the theater. We were lucky because we were on the aisle closest to the exit door and just outside that was the stage door. But egads! A huge mob was already waiting for my beloved Hugh! When he came out, I had no chance! It was too crowded, too hot, and I was battling a lousy cold.

So I decided I'd come back before the show closes September 12th and try again. Well, I went last night. Everything was perfect - the picture, the pen, and I'm apartment/cat-sitting again so no worries about catchin' a bus. I got there waaay early - I was the first one. About 15 minutes later, a man came to join me. The tough security guy questioned what we wanted Hugh to sign. "Just one! He's only signing one!" That's all I wanted him to do, just one. I waited patiently, not making a peep. I had the primo spot at the front of the railing, right by the door.

Big meany yells, "No pens. Put away your pens! I gotta pen!!" Grrr.... I wanted Hugh to use my silver sharpie : (   Ah well... I figured.... either I'd get him to use my pen anyway or black would be good enough.

Well just about 11 pm. the stage door opens and there he is, the Australian God himself - Hugh Jackman! At this point, there once again is a mob of camera flashes, screaming fans and a sea of arms weilding Playbills that begged to be signed. Hugh makes his way over to the crowd to his right, of course I was at his left. After he was done with all of them he came over my way. He had the black sharpie in hand - uh oh. It gets worse. He took my picture, turned it sideways and scribbled hapharzardly and handed it back to me! I quickly grabbed my cellphone to snap a couple shots. It was working too well because it was dark. I had strike while another person's flash was going off. Hence, this lovely shot.

I will be posting a picture of the autograph in question soon. At least when Camps and I went, we got decent ones although they were on our measly Playbills. We got good pics then too. I'll have to post those.

Sadly, I went on eBay this morning. A perfectly written, crisp, signature of Hugh's on a publicity photo was going for a mere $4.99, so I bid on it and won. Oh well.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Props for at least trying!